- Beyond Basics: Loaded Lore – The Horde Part 1
- Beyond Basics: Loaded Lore – The Horde Part 2
- Beyond Basics: Roleplaying Bar Staff
- Beyond Basics: Balancing IC and OOC
- Beyond Basics: All Kinds of Canon
- Beyond Basics: Six Good Roleplay Habits
So, picking up from Part One; the Horde lost the Second War. Ner’zhul , the Old Horde’s Warchief, was captured by Kil’jaeden for his failure. (Kil’jaeden being one of the Big Bads that messed with their water in the first place and engineered all this mess for his own ends.) These guys can pretty much rip their way through reality itself, so really, I don’t fancy being in Ner’zhul’s shoes about this time – even if he was a douchebag.
As punishment, Kil’jaeden the Deceiver destroyed Ner’zhul’s body, torturing his spirit until he agreed to serve the Legion once again. Which is pretty hardcore, really. His soul was encased in a suit of armor, which was then bound forever to the Frozen Throne. Kil’jaeden hurled his creation towards Azeroth, where it smashed into Icecrown Glacier. Thus the first major player of the Third War, the Lich King, was born. These demons? Don’t fuck with them.