This is going to be a look or summary into each faction, with the hopes of helping anyone considering starting WoW or trying out RP within the game and trying to decide which one they want to side with or, if they have already chosen which side they want to be on learning more about where they came from and why they are how they are. I hope to give a slightly better idea of the atmosphere and story-line to each side as it currently stands. That said: I have not played any of the original Warcraft RTS’s. They are lingering on my To Do list as ever, and I came to WoW just a little ways into the TBC expansion, so I am in no way an expert. This will not be a complete and conclusive look into the full history of each faction, but more a concise and relevant accounting for players trying to get the idea and feel of the Horde, along with the generic lay of the land in terms of history and major events.
More Articles in the Beyond the Basics Series:
- Beyond Basics: Loaded Lore – The Horde Part 1
- Beyond Basics: Loaded Lore – The Horde Part 2
- Beyond Basics: Roleplaying Bar Staff
- Beyond Basics: Balancing IC and OOC
- Beyond Basics: All Kinds of Canon
- Beyond Basics: Six Good Roleplay Habits